Pardon the quick-and-dirty nature of this page. It's truly amazing how having a life inhibits my ability and/or desire to dedicate large amounts of time to making a nifty-looking web page. Also, some of these are pretty large images, and may take a bit to download.
Note that all of the images on this site, unless otherwise noted, are released under a Creative Commons Attribution-Noncommercial-Share-Alike license.
What does this mean? It means that you, the viewer, are free to use my photographs for any non-commercial purpose, provided that both of the following conditions are met:
The full details can be found in the CC link at the bottom of this page.
- You provide attribution including my name along with a link back to this page; and
- Any derivative works you create (i.e. collages, alterations, remixes, etc.) are released under a similar license.
Of course, if for some strange reason anybody out there should want to use any of my photographs for commercial purposes, or under a different license, drop me a line and we'll talk.
UPDATE: Okay, this is getting ridiculous— I'm going to have to re-do this page or something, as the constant and ever-growing list of "UPDATE!" sections is getting unwieldy. In the meantime, here's some nice shots I took this June while in Palo Alto for a conference.
- UPDATE: I'm not dead! Yes, that's right, folks: contrary to what you may have heard or read in the mass media, I am, in fact, still alive and kicking. To prove it, here are some more photos going back well over a year.
- Pictures from Alaska, July 2005
- Pictures from Wyoming and Rocky Mountain National Park, taken in August 2005.
- Pictures from Manzanita on the Oregon Coast, in March 2006.
- Pictures from my trip to Arizona.
- Pictures from the 2006 Portland Waterfront Blues Festival, in July 2006.
- Pictures from Mt. St. Helens, taken in July 2006.
- Pictures from Central Oregon, taken in July 2006. [01-07-2007]: The layout of this album is a little funky; I'm trying out the latest beta version of Adobe Lightroom, and its web export features leave a lot to be desired in terms of flexibility.
- Pictures from my trip to Buenos Aires and Rosario, Argentina, in August 2006.
- Pictures from my trip to Washington, D.C. for the 2006 AMIA conference, in November 2006.
- Pictures from my trip to Havana, Cuba for the VI Congreso Internacional de Informática en Salud, Feb. 2007..
- UPDATE: I finally got off my arse and have started to upload some of the many pictures taken in recent months. AND I'm using something a little bit more scalable than <ul> tags: JAlbum. More pictures will be up shortly.
- Pictures from Pittock Mansion taken with work's new Canon Digital Rebel, March 2004
- Pictures from our trip to Las Vegas, September 2004.
- Pictures from Cousin Ross's Bar Mitzvah, New York, NY, May 2004.
- Pictures from the 2004 Rose Festival Airshow, Portland, OR
- Pictures from Cousin Noah's Bar Mitzvah, New York, NY, October 2004.
- Pictures from Hanukkah 2004
- Selected full-size images from same: [OK, back to <ul> tags for these. Sue me.]
- Updated!: Pictures from Singapore and India, August-September 2005 [01-02-2007]: I've gone through and added a few pictures taken after 9/5/05, and removed a few superfluous ones from the previous set. [09-05-2005: Since I'm uploading these from India, please excuse the fact that there are no notes or exposure information, that the pictures have not been gamma-corrected, and that the thumbnails link to scaled-down versions. Bandwidth and time are both at something of a premium at the moment. Also, please note that there is a block of about twenty pictures that were taken by somebody else— I was sick, and my co-worker took my camera out sight-seeing since I was unable to go.]
- Herpetology Pictures, May 2001- If any of these are mislabeled or identified, it's because I had to go entirely from memory. My field notebook is still back in Colorado. [Update 12-26-2004: I think at this point it's safe to say that I'm not going to get that notebook back from the professor that had it. Mental note- when/if I ever become a college professor, try to always eventually return work to students.]
- Pictures from our visit to New York, Summer 2001.
- Cousins Noah, Kaylee, and Alena. Pelham, NY
- The same.
- Everybody washing the dog...
- Aunt Linda washing the dog...
- My mother, grandmother, great aunt, and myself. Manhattan, NY.
- My mother, father, great aunt, and myself.
- My grandmother and great aunt.
- Misc. Pictures- These are primarily of interest to people who know me. At the moment there aren't very many of them. Again, I make no guarantees about file size or download times. Also, you may notice that a lot of these pictures feature me. This is due to the fact that, on the last few trips I've been on, I haven't been the one with a camera.
- Me rock climbing at Garden of the Gods in Colorado Springs, CO.
- Micah and Kat, just after we moved into our apartment. October 2001.
- Myself, with the poster a former lab presented at the Northwest Regional Developmental Biology meeting in Friday Harbor, WA.
- This was taken during the first leg of the long drive back from Oregon to Colorado, just over the border into Washington along the Columbia River.
- Matt and myself, stopping for a snack while hiking at Mueller State Park in Colorado.
- Candice and myself, at Mueller.
- Carol, Martin, Candice, and myself before CC's 2002 Masquerade ball.
- Candice and myself, at the Masquerade ball.
- Carol and Candice, at the same.
This work by Steven Bedrick is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-Noncommercial-Share Alike 3.0 License.